September 8, 2011

Homestudy/Dossier instructions received

I now have instructions for the Dossier and the initial intake homestudy interview has been scheduled.
I spoke to Karen from the homestudy agency last week.  Apparently, our home study agency LSS works has two different offices in the Washington DC area.  One for Washington DC/Maryland and one for Virginia.  The name I had first was for the Washington DC area and they had to refer me to the Virginia office.  Karen sent me the initial application paperwork for LSS.  We have our initial interview with LSS scheduled for the afternoon of September 8th (that is today).  After we get the requirements needed for the homestudy we can start requesting official documents. 

I also received the link and password for the Holt Thailand adoption guidebook.  This lists everything needed to complete our dossier and other steps throughout the process.

I spoke with Thoa on the phone (Holt Thailand director) who gave m some more specifics on the Thailand program.  There seem to be a lot of people currently in homestudy/dossier process right now, so I am praying I can get this paperwork done quickly so I can get on the waiting list for our referral.  Right now they are estimating 2-3 years from application.  I don't want to wait that long for my little girl, but I know everything in GOD's TIME.

Tuesday, August 30 - received initial application from LSS to do HomeStudy, scheduled initial interview
Tuesday, September 6 - received Dossier instructions from Holt and spoke with Thoa from Holt on more specifics on the Thailand program
Wednesday, September 7 - Notarized initial application for LSS

I have started searching and reading several sites on Thailand culture.  Christopher comes in sometimes and reads the information with me also.  Big brothers, mommy and daddy are getting ready for you to come home.

I have been following several other Thailand adoption blogs as well as signed up for some Thailand adoption newsgroups.  I love reading other people's stories and following them on their journey.  I hope to meet some lifelong friends along the way.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! Now the paperwork really begins. :) Usually there are documents you need for the dossier and home study that are pretty much the same. It saves time later if you request them together. :)

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Real wonderful info will be found on website here.